Thursday 6 October 2011

Voucher Food Hunt: Roadhouse Grill

Roadhouse Grill is one of the 1st vouchers that I’ve ever bought which lead me to the path of destruction. It is a western style restaurant that features cowboys (but no aliens!).
It’s a 3 course meal consists of soup, main course and dessert.
http://www.mydeal.com.my/deals/penang/RM30-for-3-Course-Meal-at-Roadhouse-Grill

It was a rainy day and the restaurant manager is nice enough not throwing us out even though we’d arrived almost after their serving hour. I notice that the restaurant is quite empty (we were the only customers - maybe because of the timing?) and the air condition is kind of non-existence. It was actually quite stuffy in there.

We were served with a bucketful of complimentary peanuts! Yes, you read it right – a bucketful! The waiter told us that it’s their tradition for the guest to throw the peanut shells on the floor as well. Funny, eh?
Bucketful!
Each main course was served with their homemade yeast roll and I must say it was special. It was especially nice to eat it hot. Yum yum!
Yeast Roll
The soup of the day was kind of a disappointment as it was some kind of ABC soup. Guess they ran out of Campbell soup? :p
Soup of the Day
We ordered Teriyaki Steak and Catch of the Day for main course. Overall, the teriyaki steak was tender with just a bit too much of onion on top. The Catch of the Day was quite bland to be honest. Teriyaki steak rules!
Catch of the Day

Teriyaki Steak
One of the my main attraction to this deal was the dessert – homemade ice cream sizzled with chocolate sauce & served with warm chocolate brownies! *groan* My waistline totally against the idea but I guess my hand and mouth had a different opinion as I gulped it all down. *blush*
Chocolate Brownies with Ice Cream

Roadhouse Grill is located at Gurney Tower, Penang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...