Wednesday 26 June 2013

A Month in Prison (Week 4)


Location: Jia Yi Confinement Centre
Duration:  30 Days (May 31~June 29, 2013)

Week 4: Postnatal Massage & Prison Break 2.0

For Chinese, one of the most important things after delivery is to have the traditional postnatal massage in order to speed up recovery process (expel lochia & increase womb shrinking) as well as tone the body (YES!!! SLIMMING!!!). There are many types of postnatal massage from Malay, Chinese or even Thai. In Jia Yi, they do recommend a few massage ladies for the mommies but you can also hire others.
It's time for a Massage!
I was recommended to Su Chin – a Thai Massage lady during my 1st confinement 2 years+ ago thus I’ve decided to have her doing the massage again. According to Jia Yi owner, Su Chin is the best massage among the recommendation. Su Chin mentions that you can start your postnatal massage as soon as 1 week after natural delivery or at least 2 weeks after a c-sec delivery (subjected to her diagnosis). She is very experienced and is 63 years old now.

The whole massage process took about 1 ½ hour which includes:-
- Diagnosis on your condition and massage accordingly (unwind & relieve the pulled vessel/muscle)
- Hot stone treatment (‘tungku’)
- Wrapping

Basically Su Chin will check your body and recommend how many sessions you need. Then she will massage according to your problematic area. I think the most commonly asked question would be: Does it hurt? Well, it actually depends on how serious your condition is – it only hurts when she massage on your problematic area. It doesn’t hurt at all on those healthy parts. I had 3 sessions with her and it hurt less on the 3rd session since she has ‘healed’ the problematic area. However, I did scream like getting MURDERED during my 1st session. *facepalm* During the whole process, she would tell your hilarious story from her massage experience and I must say some really make me laugh out loud. After the 3 sessions, I think my stomach did shrink a little. =P
HELP!!!
After my 3 ‘slimming’ sessions, I receive a message from my crazy colleagues saying MNG is having sales now! OMG!!! Should I orchestrate another Prison Break? Prison Break 2.0? Thus on a sunny and somewhat hazy Saturday, I break out of prison again to hair salon to wash my hair before going to Gurney Plaza with my unbuttoned and half-zipped pants again. *No eyes see*
MNG Sales?! *Fainted*
Before stepping into MNG, we took a detour to Parkson FCUK to have look. Before I knew what happen, I was succumbing to a FCUK 70% discounted dress which I eyed since quite some time ago. Oh Gosh! Someone kills me!!! *cry* If you think that's bad, think again. Before i knew what happen, we stumbled upon Armani Exchange which was having sales as well!!! Oh dear!!! How could I resist this?! So I ended up BROKE before even stepped into MNG… *bawling* EPIC FAIL!!!!
This is the Culprit!!!
NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
I’m ashamed to say that I’m the WORST prisoner EVER as there is a Prison Break 3.0 on Wednesday night for 9pm “Man of Steel” showing. *facepalm*Anyway, my prison sentence is near to an end thus I guess this would be my last prison break. Nanny here has asked me to learn to bathe the baby on the last 3 days here. *Gasp in Horror*
Do i look like Superman?
Why is my mom like this??? *cry*
Anyway, here are the food photos… Enjoy~~!!! As usual, i'm only posting new menu rather than repetitive photos. Oh ya, did I mention that one of the perks of staying at downstairs room is you can always talk to the staffs here on meals and stuffs so they are happy to take your suggestion on meal choices? Such as fried egg (Hahaa.. I know I’m weird but I miss it), traditional Phong Piah with egg and cheesecake? *evil grin*

Breakfast (8am)
Sandwich with Egg, Cheese, Hotdog & Ham
Fried Vermicelli with Anchovy! Yummy!
Koayy Teow Soup
Hmm... What are they doing?
Fish Fillet & Cheese Sandwich
Lunch (11am)
Sesame Chicken with Ginger
Steamed Fish
Another Steamed Fish

Teatime (2pm)
Cupcake & Cheesecake! Scrumptious!!!
Phong Piah with egg & Red Bean Dessert
A Close Up on Phong Piah with Egg fried with Sesame Oil
Cheese & Sausage Bun
Dessert
Dinner (5pm)
The Special Request Fried Egg with Sesame Oil & Ginger wrapped inside
Pork with Ginger on top
Steamed Chicken with Ginger
Fried Fish
Yummy Lemon Chicken
Supper (8pm)
Vermicelli Soup with Pig Intestine
Fried Teow Chew Vermicelli
I know I've posted this in week 1 but this is simply too yummy to warrant another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...