Sunday 2 June 2013

Hospital Food: Island Hospital Confinement Food

There is a fine line between obsessive and insanity and I wonder whether I’ve crossed the line here. I mean blogging about hospital food? Seriously? *facepalm* I’ve certainly outdone myself here! Insane Blogger Alert!!! During my 4D3N stay in Island hospital for c-section operation, I’ve actually took the time to take note of Island Hospital confinement food quality! *Proud of myself*

Anyway there were actually menu for Island Hospital confinement selection. Everyday the food catering auntie will come and ask whether you want to order the food. Choices are very limited:-

Breakfast: Oatmeal, Porridge or Noodle Soup
Lunch/Dinner: Chicken or Fish
Hot Milo is provided along with some biscuit or pastry between meals.

For the time I’ve stayed there, I’ve tried out the breakfast of fish porridge & oatmeal. The fish porridge is basically tasteless (it’s hospital food so I guess it’s excusable) with very little amount of fish inside. The Oatmeal consists of a bowl of oats & 2pcs of Gardenia Breakthru bread with butter & Jam. Unfortunately I didn’t take a picture of that since my phone was out of my reach while I was howling in pain to sit up 2nd day after operation. The taste? Well it’s OATMEAL!!! What would you expect?
The Tasteless Fish Porridge - Served COLD
For lunch and dinner I’ve basically ordered fish all the time as there is an old saying that chicken is not suitable for incision after operation. The lunch and dinner consisted of fish dishes, a vegetable dishes and a very diluted ginger sesame oil soup.

The vegetable of each meal was always very HARD to bite – I think they just simply throw it in and stir fry for a very short time. The fish dishes for lunch is okay (as in there is at least some taste) as opposed to the tasteless dinner fish dishes which were same for 2 nights. There was NO DRINK provided in each main meal – kind of disappointing as they used to provide red date/black date drink 2 years ago.
2nd Day Lunch - Actually the Best one among all: the Fish was Nice
2nd Day Dinner:: Tasteless Fish & Hard Vegetable!
3rd Day Lunch: The Typical Fish, Hard Vegetable & Diluted Ginger Sesame Oil Soup
3rd Day Dinner: Basically Same Thing like 2nd day Dinner!!!
One thing I noticed was the food was at most LUKEWARM while some were bordering COLD eventhough you ate them immediately when served. I would’ve thought food should be served HOT especially for confinement?

Anyway Island Hospital charged a Bomb on these meals – the verdict is: if you can, ask someone to bring food for you – don’t waste your money on these!
Even KukuKai felt Trapped!

1 comment:

  1. I love the blog. Great post. It is very true, people must learn how to learn before they can learn. lol i know it sounds funny but its very true. . .
    chinese confinement food

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...