Thursday 4 August 2016

Travel Log: Trapped at Work in Gold Coast (Day 0-1)

Destination: Australia
Duration: 6 Days 5 Nights (Apr 09~Apr 15, 2016)

Day 0: Yet Another Overnight Flight

After arriving from Japan yesterday (link), it was time again to get to the airport on a Saturday evening for my flight to Changi for Brisbane. I was trying to get an aisle seat when checking in online but had no luck. I asked the lady at Silkair counter in Penang Airport and thank goodness she managed to grab me the last aisle seat for SIN-BNE! *Happy Dance*
Sammy is happy to get an Aisle Seat!
This picture is so random, i didn't even know who this guy is but snap the picture as i LOVE his shirt! I'm such a stalker!
Quite an empty flight from Pg->SG
We were served Mango Shrimp Panini onboard and it was exactly the same as the one I had on SQ last week to Narita! Even the packaging looked suspiciously alike. Was this a leftover from SQ? LOL!!! Anyway our flight to BNE was hours away after I arrived in Changi thus I bought some pastry in T3 from Paul as dinner.
Light Snack on Silkair
Mango Shrimp Panini
Drooling at Paul in Changi
What to eat?
So hard to decide!
Ended up with Raspberry Tart
After getting onboard, we were served some tidbits before supper was served. I chose Beef Goulash and it was nice if it was eaten together with bun. I have difficulty to fall asleep and ended up sleeping for less than an hour before getting woken up for breakfast. Breakfast was really MEH with just a muffin, bun & fruits. =(
A320 Economy Class! LOL!!!
Beer & Peanuts
Beef Goulash
Magnum for Dessert - only take this to take a picture and did not eat it since i was too full
Breakfast onboard...Hmm....
Sunrise!
Day 1: Harbor Town Outlet

There was a super long queue at custom at Brisbane airport thus it took a really long time to clear custom. We finally boarded our van to Sofitel Gold Coast in Broadbeach which took around 1.5 hour. By the way there was some cosplay thing at the convention center near the hotel and we could see batman! LOL!!! Didn't manage to get a picture though as the van was moving. My room was not ready yet so I kept my luggage at my colleague’s room which had a stunning view of the ocean.
Brisbane Airport
A View from my Col's room
Nice huh?
We went for some breakfast in the hotel before taking a taxi to Harbor Town Outlet at Gold Coast for some shopping. Mind you – it was an official shopping as we needed to find an official farewell gift for one of the managers. Of course we have to go shop by shop to find the BEST gifts right? *innocent look* Thus shop by shop we went… and I spotted this adorable tote bag in Coach! Oh my! Snoopy on Coach!!! How could I resist? Darn! AUD330 gone within 1st day in Gold Coast! *facepalm*
Breakfast in Sofitel...
At Harbour Town!
Snoopy!!! So CUTE!!!
We shopped for few hours before getting a simple Japanese late lunch because it was the 1st food stall that we stumbled upon when we decided to have lunch. The food was just meh. We finally found a Hugo Boss Messenger bag as farewell gift.
Japanese Curry Rice
Sammy is resting
A View of Harbour Town
It's hot in Gold Coast
Sammy and the Giant Heel!
We took taxi to get back to Sofitel and I must say taxi in Gold Coast was super expensive. The meter kept blipping nonstop after some short timeframe and the meter was moving even when the car was not moving. I guess it was based on TIME rather than distance?
Finally checked in to my room.. Look at that balcony with chairs & table which i never stepped out during my stay. =P
TV, Workstation & Sofa
A View from my room
What are those at the sea?
Bathroom
Nice Tubes!
Toiletries
Shower too!
Mini bar - all need to pay!
Coffee & Tea?
Spirits!
Sammy loves Snoopy!
CK Jeans for AUD29.95!!!
We had a short rest in the hotel and I wander into Woolworths for some groceries before walking towards the beach. Frankly speaking the beach was nothing special at night especially for someone from Penang which happens to have many beaches. =P 
Sun is setting
Seems happpening down there
Hotel Lobby
Room 81 - We will have lunch here tomorrow
Woolworths!
Let's walk through the Crowds
Night View at Broadbeach
Sammy & Turtle
At the Beach
Hmm... it's a beach! LOL!!!
Walking back to Hotel
This is Sofitel
We ended up having dinner at a restaurant opposite the hotel with roasted pork, calamari, seafood pasta & filet mignon for sharing. There were not much nightlife there as I heard Broadbeach was the old to Surfer’s Paradise young. =P
Nice Flowers at hotel lobby with Sammy
Drinks anyone?
Let's have some dinner
Water
Roasted Pork
Seafood linguine
Steak!
Fried Calamari
Oh! Look at the Cosplayer!
No idea who they are supposed to be. :p
Next Day (Food & McLaren Landing)

1 comment:

  1. Much obliged to you for some other enlightening site. Where else might I be able to understand that kind of data written in such a perfect means? I have a mission that I'm a little while ago dealing with, and I have been at the post for such data. confinement centre in KL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...