Sunday 25 May 2014

Travel Log: A Spring without Sakura (Day 1)

Destination: Japan
Duration: 5 Days 5 Nights (May 18~May 22, 2014)

Day 1: A Long Day on the Plane

Another short trip to the land of the rising sun in short notice – it means hotel was fully booked in Shin-Yokohama and they had to book The Prince Sakura Tower in Shinagawa. I was dreading it for fear that I would be sardined in the train to work everyday. A bit of research from the internet mentioned that The Prince Sakura Tower is surrounded by Sakura so I guess there are some consolations on this.
KFC Breakfast in Penang International Airport
This time the boss booked the plane ticket to Haneda Airport rather than Narita since it’s nearer to our office/hotel area. So I would be the guinea pig to test out Haneda Airport for the team. The flight from Penang to Singapore departed on the Sunday morning of 10.15am for the connection to Haneda departing from Changi at 1.55pm. The food provided on Silkair was chicken puff which was a bit spicy.
Sammy hiding in the bag again
Silkair Refreshment Meal PEN-SIN
The Chicken Puff
Hot Inside...
I got on the next flight on time but the plane just wouldn’t move even after 1.55pm. Captain was announcing there was some traffic due to weather condition as well as some technical problem on the engine *gasp in horror* - his word was the engine was too loud and needed the engineer to fix it. My mind started to spin out the scenarios from the many seasons “Air Crash Investigation” by then… *facepalm*
Here is our plane to Haneda
Sammy is happy to make an appearance... Not so much when he hears about the mechanical & weather problem though
The flight finally departed at nearly 3pm and I was really worried on whether I’d be managed to catch the train. We were served a late lunch/early dinner at around 4pm which I chose the Japanese meal with fried fish & rice along with cold soba. I was starving by the time and gulped down everything shamelessly.
SQ SIN-HND Inflight Meal Menu for Japanese Lunch
Sammy enjoying his peanuts & white wine
Look at the lunch set!!! BIG LUNCH SET!!! Yummy too...
Ice Cream for Dessert
Chocolate coated Vanilla Ice Cream
The flight finally arrived in Haneda at 10.20pm (20minutes later than scheduled) and there was this long line at immigration since another plane was touching down the same time. By the time I cleared custom, it was 11pm++. I rushed to the Keikyu train station and jumped on the 1st train that reached here – then I realized this train was not going to Shinagawa directly so a transit was needed.  Some foreigners were also panicking on which train to catch during the transit and basically we jumped in to another train without confirming whether it was correct. Thankfully we made it!!!! Our confused faces were totally priceless during the ride. =P
Arriving in Haneda Airport
Rushing to Keikyu Line Train
LOST in Transit Station
It was 11.30pm++ by the time I reached Shinagawa station and it took me some time to walk to The Prince Sakura Tower. During check-in, I was informed that there would be electricity interruption from 1am-5am! WHAT?!!! I was begging the guy to lend me a light so that there wouldn’t be pitch dark in my room. It was 12am+ when I finally stepped in my room. The room was big & luxurious and the bathroom actually had a built-in Jacuzzi! COOL! But I was in no mood to enjoy the Jacuzzi for fear of the electricity interruption.  *sigh*
The Prince Sakura Tower - Deluxe King Room: Can you spot Sammy?
Jacuzzi Bathtub & Shower
Huge Mirror in Bathroom
A Separate Toilet
Look at all the Amenities given!!!
Shampoo, Conditioner & Bath Gel
I was so tired until i didn't even check to see whether there was Sakura outside my window and decided to only check it out tomorrow.

Next Day (Alone in Little Edo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...