Friday 22 April 2016

Travel Log: A Spring with Sakura (Day 1)

Destination: Japan
Duration: 5 Days 5 Nights (Apr 04~Apr 08, 2016)

Day 1: Red Eye Flight to Narita, Sakura!!! & Ramen

This was a last minute trip and I was quite lucky to get the last available seat on SQ. I had the Mango Shrimp Panini Sandwich and it was just okay. It did tasted quite refreshing as we seldom had mango in sandwich. I was not able to sleep well and only had like 1-2 hours of sleep before being woken up for breakfast. I chose the Japanese selection breakfast – Grilled salmon fillet in saikyo miso with Japanese omelet. It was YUMMY! I love Japanese breakfast on SQ.
Chicken Puff on PEN-SIN Silkair Flight
Waiting for Boarding at Changi
Oh no! SQ changed their Red Eye NRT flight from Airbus to Boeing 777 with outdated dashboard - no USB port! Such travesty!!!
Sammy with Mango Shrimp Panini & Singapore Sling
Japanese Breakfast! Love the Salmon!
It was early in the morning when we landed in Narita and it was drizzling. I made a brief stop in the airport to get some work done before getting my return airport limousine bus ticket at 4,500Yen. This return ticket was much cheaper if compared to buying one way ticket twice. I would be staying at Hyatt Regency Tokyo in Nishi-Shinjuku area and apparently the airport limousine bus would stopped right at the door step of the hotel. *thumbs up*
Sammy with Bus Ticket
The bus station was right outside of the door beside the ticket counter. I managed to get on the 8.45am bus and kind of fell "unconscious" until the bus reached Shinjuku area. Hyatt Regency was the 3rd stop at Shinjuku and it was already 10.30pm++ that time. Unfortunately my room was still not ready thus I had to leave my luggage with the hotel 1st.
Waiting for Bus!
Raining though!
Bus is here!
Shinjuku Station
Inside Hyatt Regency Hotel
Not able to check in though... =(
Let's go outside instead
The Shinjuku Central Park (Shinjuku Chuo Park) was right behind Hyatt Regency Tokyo and it was beautiful! Well, it was the Sakura season! I couldn’t have come on a better timing! Yay! It was basically an ordinary park but was its appeal was elevated thanks to the beautiful Sakura. It was picture time!!!
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building is just beside Hyatt Regency
Shinjuku Central Park is just behind the hotel!
Sammy is enjoying the Sakura moment
I finally manage to see Sakura in Japan!!!
Beautifull!!!
Can't stop snapping pictures!
A Close up!!!
Sammy enjoying Sakura Up Close & Personal!
Sakura & Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building
Sakura is everywhere!
A View from the Highest Ground in the Park
There was a small shrine at the park – Kumano Shrine and there were a couple taking pre-wedding pictures there. This temple had definitely benefitted from the Sakura surrounding it as well with postcard-worthy scenery.
Kumano Shrine & Sakura! Oh my!!!
Look at the color combination! 
Another shot!
Close up
Still at the Shrine!
Some red among the Brown & Green
Are you tired of Sakura yet? =P
Finally a picture of  the Shrine in full view! =P
The Entrance
Okay, i'm officially crazy with all the Sakura Shots
Even Sammy is obsessed!
It was lunchtime and I had no idea what to eat. There was this ‘food street’ underneath the hotel but nothing really caught my eyes. I ended up getting foods from 7-11…. *facepalm* Well, I do love 7-11 in Japan! They are AWESOME!
Lunchtime!
Sandwich & Banana Latte!
There were still some time before the check in time so I walked over to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building which happened to be situated right beside Hyatt Regency. Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building offered free entrance on its towers for view of Tokyo. I actually went there all the way from Shin-Yokohama few years ago and ended up seeing nothing but fog (link). This time I finally managed to have a clearer view – no Mt Fuji though! Bummer! There were 2 towers – north and south tower and according to the volunteer there, South tower had nicer view for daytime.
Another side of the Tokyo Government Building
Sakura near the Tokyo Metropolitan Building
See the 'skybridge' between buildings?
Lady Bugs!
At North Tower - the building at the left is the famous "Lost in Translation" Hotel aka Park Hyatt
Shinjuku Central Park from the tower
Tokyo from the top
Sammy is enjoying the view!
The stuning building in the middle is designed by the same designer of Tokyo Metropolitan Building and it is a art school!
It's time to walk over to the south side
South Tower offers a different angle
The "Lost in Translation" Building!
Nice View huh?
Shinjuku Central Park
I finally managed to check into my room and continued to work from hotel whilst enjoying my teatime – spring egg & Calpis from 7-11! =P 
Back to Hyatt Regency Hotel
Sammy enjoying the bed
A View of the Room
Bathroom!
Japanese toilet bowl (note the automatic washer!) & bathtub!
Toiletries
A view from the room!
Yummy Yummy Teatime!
My Favourite Drink in Japan!
It was dinner time soon and I went back to Shinjuku Central Park with my Selfie Stick to take more pictures before walking over to Shinjuku station to try the famous Ichiran Ramen. One thing I realized was Google map actually can be used even when offline – just pin your destination when you are online and just follow the direction. The map will still shows your current location when you were moving offline! Am I too late to the party? Oops! Tech-dummy alert!
Japanese having picnic at the Park!
A different view at dusk
The Shrine still looks gorgeous with Sakura though! The best was when the sakura looks like snowing when wind blows by...
I just can't resist!
Selfie!!!
The Shrine is really surrounded by Sakura!
Many different types of Sakura!
It's my time to have a close up with Sakura!
Happy!
This is beautiful too!
Let's take a picture!
Note the Sakura at the back!
Surrounding the Shrine!
Leaving the Park finally...
Anyway, I managed to find Ichiran Ramen and there was this LONG QUEUE. I was queuing out in the cold for 40mins before continuing at the stairs. I finally got the chance to step into the restaurant to purchase the tickets for ramen but still continued to queue INSIDE the restaurant! *facepalm* After more than an hour queue, I finally managed to sit at the individual station for my ramen.
Long Queue!!!
Finally slowly approach the main door
Menu!
Queuing at the stairs!
Open 24 hours?! I should've come in midnight to avoid the queue!
The Sign to show empty seats
My little individual cub
Sammy was there too!
See the cubs?
I ordered the ramen with egg and it was definitely scrumptious – the soup and the red sauce was simply irresistible. Slurp!!! I also ordered the matcha dessert and it was yummy too. I was beyond full when I walked back to the hotel. 
Slimming tea! LOL!!!
My 1st Ichiran Ramen! Slurp!!!
Selfie!!!
This is HEAVEN! The soup is real nice!
Dessert time!
Green Tea Almond Beancurd
My cub at No. 6
The Machin
People are everywhere at Shinjuku
Walking Walking Walking
Bic Camera!
Neon everywhere
I was thinking to get to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building for night view but apparently it was closed at night since it was the 1st Monday of the month. In hindsight, I should’ve walked over to Shinjuku area again for some shopping but I was simply too lazy to walk all over again. It was about a 15mins walk to get there. I ended up just lazing in the room and wasting my life away! LOL!!!
Nice View at Night
The Beautiful Art School - Tokyo Mode Gakuen at the back
Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building at Night
Nishi Shinjuku Night View
A View from my roo
Breakfast for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...