Thursday 6 October 2011

Voucher Food Hunt: Cuisine Bou

Cuisine Bou is one of the best restaurants that sell discounted vouchers. In fact, I love it so much that I bought 3 different vouchers on 3 different occasions.

One thing that strikes me is the restaurant doesn’t even need to sell discounted vouchers. During my 3 visits, I can see that they have many walk in customers even during weekdays. I guess the vouchers are just for marketing purposes to lure in new customers. Their food is really nice and their original menu price is reasonable as well.

1st visit: A mydeal vouchers costs RM34 for 2 pax.
http://www.mydeal.com.my/deals/penang/RM34-for-Ramen-Set-Meal-for-2-pax-at-Cuisine-Bou

The set consists of tomato salads, sashimi, ramen, ice cream & free flow green tea.
The size of the set is enormous! We were first served the tomato salad and the sourly sauce combined with vegetables (don’t ask me what it’s called, I’m an idiot when it comes to vegetable species!) and tomato are so refreshing and appetizing.

It was followed by sashimi (2 white tunas, 2 salmons and 2 red tunas). When this was served, my eyes almost popped out as the thickness had totally exceed my expectation. They did not shrink the size due to discounted voucher like other merchants. In fact,  the sashimi is thick, fresh and melts in your mouth. Definitely ichiban!

The spicy ramen is well.. spicy (Duh!)! But it’s not to the point of spicy for the sake of spiciness. Underneath all the spiciness, you can actually taste the savory seafood soup base. Definitely a thumb up!

I think they gave us complimentary 1 scoop of green tea ice cream as well as the voucher site only mention 1 scoop but we get 2 scoops instead. They even have wasabi ice cream but guess we are just not adventurous enough. *blush*

Ok, I’m going to shut up now and let the photos do the talking! Please get a tissue or something to avoid wet keyboard due to excessive saliva dripping. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Tomato Salads

Sashimi

Spicy Ramen

Green Tea Ice Cream
2nd visit: Another mydeal voucher costs RM36 for 2 pax
http://www.mydeal.com.my/deals/penang/RM36-for-Sukiyaki-Set-Meal-and-Green%20Tea-for-2-pax-at-Cuisine%20Bou%20%20
My 2nd voucher for Cuisine Bou consists of sukiyaki, egg mayo sushi, kani mayo salad sushi, yasaitame (fried mixed vegetables) & cawanmushi. This set is not as attractive as my 1st visit but it still catches my attention when it was posted in mydeal.

I think the waitress kind of recognize us when we walked in. Should I be blushing for being such a cheapscake for always dining there with discounted voucher?

Again, the set is enormous. We were served with a bowl plate of yasaitame followed by the egg mayo and kani mayo salad sushi. One thing I noticed about the sushi is the seaweed surrounding it is crispy! It’s the 1st time I ever ate sushi with such crispy and fresh seaweed. Yummy!

The sukiyaki is a bit too sweet for my taste but as my friend say: sukiyaki is supposed to be SWEET! So I guess it’s authentic at least. Did I mention that the restaurant is frequently patronized by Japanese? So they must’ve done something right on their food. There are quite a lot of ingredients in the cawanmushi but I wish it was smoother. Here are the photos!
Egg Mayo & Kani Mayo Salad Sushi

Yasaitame

Sukiyaki

Cawanmushi

3rd visit: Ezivoucher costs RM8.80 per pax
http://www.ezivoucher.com/deals/Cuisine-Bou
This deal is totally different from the 1st 2 mydeal vouchers. Basically it’s sushi set (salmon, tuna, white tuna, mackerel, octopus, hotdog cheese maki), California handroll and miso soup.

The sashimi on the sushi is fresh and I really like that the rice underneath it was in small ball shape so that the taste of the sashimi was being prioritized. The California handroll is the best that I’ve ever tasted – the seaweed is crispy, the ingredients went all the way till the end of the ‘cone’. You can see it in the pictures here but there is fish roes all over the handroll from top to bottom! This is heaven! FYI, I think the waitress really recognized us as the cheapscake who only went there for discounted food. *facepalm*
Sushi!

More Sushi!!!

Carlifornia Handroll - you can't see  it but the fish roes are everywhere!!!
Cuisine Bou is located at Pulau Tikus, Penang near Maxim cakehouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...