Friday 5 August 2016

Diet Splurge: Farlim Night Market (Part 2)


I’ve been feeling angsty ever since Mini Ric’s halts its operations in night market. Being such an addict for mini ric’s, I even went up to their shop at Bayan Lepas and asked them. *facepalm* The guy there seemed to be in shock by my question and said it is due to lack of manpower. *brawling* How am I supposed to LIVE every Wednesday night since my favourite & must-have food is GONE? *cue sad music*
Life is Meaningless
Ever since this atrocity, I’ve been trying to find a substitute to mend my broken heart on Wednesday night. There are some nice foods there but nothing can replace my love for Mini Ric’s. Anyway, here are some candidates which might work!

One of the more frequent foods that I bought – curry fish ball & deep fried mantao from this stall between the pork slice & quail egg stick and in front of the famous “Ah Hua Tao Hua”. It is a rather new stall but I do love the chewy fish ball. Another best thing about it is the curry – it tastes kind of sweet and taste like a mixture of Japanese curry & morning Roti Canai curry. It is really addicting when dip with the deep fried mantao. Since my waistline is least forgiving with the deep fried stuff, I’ve also tried to dip it with plain bread instead and it still tastes yummy! =P
Curry Fish Ball & Fried Mantao
Another popular stall is the Fatbird Korean chicken – it seems to have a perpetual queue every Wednesday for this. Basically it’s fried boneless chicken with spicy sauce and peanuts powder which ends up making the concoction sweet rather than spicy. You may also add on kimchi if you like. The verdict? I prefer to order it extra spicy with less peanuts powder. I think the Kimchi also dilutes the spiciness though.
Spicy Korean Chicken with Kimchi
Spicy Korean Chicken - Extra Spicy with less peanut powder
Big Dimsum is another fairly new stall in Farlim Night Market – basically it’s selling big size siew mai or fish ball with flat price of RM1 each. The siew mai has various flavors and my favourite is the curry flavor. I’d normally go for this stall if I’m craving for MEAT. LOL!!! They also sells lava bun (流沙包) and so far I’ve only tried the salted egg yolk bun. I think the taste is not strong enough though but it does literally explode when you take a bite. Do be careful else it will get messy!
Big Dimsum!
Lots of Dimsum!!!
Big Dim Sum
Oh, and one should not miss the famous dumpling stall – they sell various type of meat dumpling in different sizes and my favourite is the big size dumpling. The glutinous rice is soft and the taste of the concoction of salted egg yolk, chestnut and fatty meat is heavenly. Funny thing is I can’t find a picture of it at all as I eat it before I can take pictures even though this is a frequently bought food on Wednesday. *facepalm* However, I did find a picture of another type of dumpling – bean dumpling (豆棕) which is also yummy. =)
Here are some other random stalls that I tried out which are either not that memorable or totally sucks.
Bean Rice Dumpling
Mashed potato with topping – basically it’s mashed potato with topping of your choices. I chose ham, mushroom & vegetables topped with gravy. It is just okay – nothing memorable… for some reason I still prefer KFC whipped potato. Oops..
Mashed Potato with Toppings
Deep fried potato cheese ball – I always missed the deep fried potato balls that my grandmother used to make which is crispy on the outside and moist in the inside even without cheese. But this is totally different – it was really dry and I think the cheese is not strong enough. But it’s still a good treat when one is craving for super crispy deep fried potato I guess.
Deepfried Potato Balls
Anything Deep Fried – this small stall in the middle of some drinks and cake stalls sells deep fried wu kok (BBQ Pork covered with yam), deep fried BBQ Pork Pastry, deep fried wantan. This is definitely a guilty pleasure! I go for this when I’m craving for deep fried food as the wantan is really crispy and in bite size. I also tried the deep fried BBQ Pork Pastry – believe it or not, the BBQ Pork is really juicy underneath all the deep fried skin! Definitely FAT DIE ME but sinfully delicious if you are game for to get your artery clogged. *hang my head in defeat* By the way, they actually fries everything on the spot!
Deep Fried BBQ Pork Pastry & Deep Fried Wantan
Salted fish bun – this bun is made famous by a TVB series and now we have it in Farlim night market. I think it just tastes okay though.
Salted Fish Bun
How it looks from the inside
DeBunny Food Truck – there used to be this DeBunny Food Truck in Farlim Night market but I haven’t see it for a while. Not sure whether it will be back though. I tried the pork bun thing and didn’t like it. The meat was tasteless to me… Mini Ric’s is so much better…
Deep Fried Oyster Ball – this is a new stall which wraps oyster, vegetable (not sure what vege it is but taste like spinach to me) and egg into a giant flour skin for deep fried. I tried it once and I don’t think I will go back for it again. It is definitely too tasteless for me.
Pork Bun
Yet another western food truck – this food truck has been around for few months selling western food such as chicken chop, fish & chips, spaghetti etc.. I’ve never tried it before but on one strange day I was craving for French fries. I looked at their menu and found they do sell crinkled cut French fries based on the picture thus I ordered it. It costs RM7.90 and when I opened the box 30minutes later after arriving home, it was completely SOGGY and it was string French fries! I have no idea what went wrong to make a French fries so horrible and for some reason they actually achieve that! A McDonald’s or KFC French fries definitely tastes nicer and much cheaper than this crap. *facepalm* Will I go back to this stall? Let’s just see whether I will be craving for any western food on a strange Wednesday.
WORST fries EVER!!!
Farlim Night Market is located at Farlim Padang opening every Wednesday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...