Saturday 28 December 2013

Travel Log: A Very Thanksgiving Weekend (Day 7)


Destination: United States of America & Hong Kong
Duration: 8 Days 7 Nights (Nov 30~Dec 08, 2013)

Day 7: A Dilemma ended with Surprise - Muir Woods & More…

I was supposed to fly back to Malaysia on Friday night from San Francisco International Airport but I’d need to checkout from the hotel by 11am. This left me a dilemma – Friday is a working day so I’d either work in hotel lobby even after checkout or I’d have to go to Sunnyvale office which is 45mins away from San Francisco. I asked boss which option sounded better and he said: Take the day off and go explore San Francisco!!! OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since my Muir Woods adventure failed on Sunday and I did not have a rental car anyway, I’d decided to join a halfday tour instead. The tour cost around USD50 (http://www.viator.com/tours/San-Francisco/Muir-Woods-Giant-Redwoods-and-Sausalito-Half-Day-Trip/d651-2660SFOMUI1) and provided free pickup & drop off to hotel in the city. Thus there I was checking out the hotel by 8.20am and left my luggage in their care before getting up to the pickup bus.

We were dropped off to the Tour Office before getting up to the correct bus for our tour. Our driver cum tour guide Troy was humorous and extremely informative which totally made our day. The route was basically the same as how I’d drove on Sunday to Muir Woods but this time I got to enjoy the view with informative monologue from Troy. I guess it was money well spent!
Gray Line Tour
Sammy Sneaks in on the Tour
On the Way to Muir Woods
More Views
The temperature in Muir Woods was lower than San Francisco so thankfully I have my USD29.90 CK jacket with me. Hhehee…. Troy explained that there were few routes for the park and suggested that we turned back from 3rd bridge in order to make it to the time table. Lots of us ended up going all the way to 4th stop and took the jungle track to turn back to main entrance. Naughty naughty! The park was indeed very refreshing and kind of reminded me of my national park visit in Gold Coast (link).
Here We are!
A Morning Walk
Look at How Old the Giant Redwood is...
Sunlight Shinning through the Giant Red Woods
Another View
Some of the Tree Roots
They are really Giant
Hollow "Twins"
Standing between them...
Sammy has to make an Appearance
Walking all the Way
I have to make an Appearance as well! =P Look at How Big It is!
Nearing an End...
An Illustration
Big Bear Welcomes you!
After the park, our bus stopped at Muir Beach for us to walk towards the sea – remember I only managed to capture Muir Beach from afar on Sunday? Now I’m basically walking out to the point nearest to the sea! Yippie!!!! Guess it was a bit like Byron Bay Lighthouse lookout (link) but with weaker wind?
Walking towards the Edge of the World
The View on the Left
The View on the Right
Enjoying the View
San Francisco is just Across this...
A Panoramic View
Leaving Muir Beach Lookout
The bus then stopped at Sausalito for a while so this time I took the chance to walk nearer to that Sausalito photo spot which made it looked like a Mediterranean Village. Of course I still prefer the authentic Mediterranean Village in Greece (link). =P I then walked about the town which mostly consisted of artist gallery and souvenir shops.
Sammy at Sausalito
The Inn Above Tide - How Apt!
Lots of Great Arts
UPS is everywhere!
More Arts
Along the Bay
A Panoramic View of Sausalito
Walking towards the Scenic Mediterranean Village View
Getting Closer
Here It is!
A Restaurant above the Tide. =P
Nice Flowers
Santa Claus is driving UPS Van???
Pink Leaves?
In Sausalito Visitor Center
Still in the Visitor Center
Free Parking!!!
Before the bus turned back to San Francisco to end the tour, Troy took us to a lookout to the Golden Gate Bridge which was a surprise. It was always nice to take some photos of the bridge. =) More stories about previous visit to the Bridge are here (link).
Golden Gate Bridge!!!
A Panoramic View of the Bridge Area
We then reached the Tour office again and I was told to wait 10-15mins for the bus to send me back to Kimpton Hotel. So I took the chance and ran to Ross (which is just across the road) to grab a USD49.90 Swiss Gear luggage! Hehheee.. did I mention that I was so happy to see Ross was just nearby – bought a cheap Samsonite Luggage from the same stall last year when staying in Hyatt Fishermen Wharf Hotel as well (link). The Samsonite was even cheaper than the outlet’s price.
Cheapest Luggage in Fisherman's Wharf!
Once I’d reached the hotel at around 2pm, I left the empty luggage for their storage as well before going out to explore more of Union Square. Apparently the concierge recognized me and asked me whether I need the bag to get stored before I say anything! Haha…

One thing I realized that day – DO NOT buy Ghirardelli Chocolate from Macy’s even when they were on sale!!!! The same chocolate pack that I bought for USD11 (the sale price in Macy’s) was only selling at USD5 at Walgreen!!! DARN!!! I was starving thus went in the Super Duper Burgers at Market Street to grab a Burger with Cheese & Bacon! DA YUM!!! Didn’t care how FAT it was since we are in Americas! We should at least eat an American Sinful Greasy Fatty Burger! YUMMY!!!
Walking towards Market Street
Armani
Walgreen - Cheap Chocolates!
Nice Building!
Super Duper Burgers in Market Street
Queuing for Burger!
God Helps Me!!!
SINFULLY GOOD!!! *facepalm*
Then I stumbled on another Ross at Market Street which has even more choices in shoes & clothing! It’s like an asylum in there since everyone was just shopping shopping shopping! Grab a pair of Report Boots for only USD18 and a formal CK dress for USD39.90. There were so many choices until my eyes hurt from looking at all of them.
Lots of Dresses & Shoes in Ross in Market Street
After Ross I was just kind of walking around the area to Westfield Centre and Bloomingdale. By the time sky was turning dark and started to rain! Oh No!!! So I simply walked into random shops such as GAP, Disney Stores, Marshall etc before returning to Kimpton Hotel to do a final packing in the lobby before taking a cab to the airport. 
St. Patrick's Church near the Area
Yerba Buena Garden with Martin Luther King Memorial
Metreon Mall and It's Rounding Escalator
It was Raining... =(
San Francisco Cable Car at Night
Inside Disney Store
Lots of Sammies!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A Magic Tree?
Oh, did I mention how I utilize the free USD10 minibar credit from Kimpton? I bought the Triton Rubber Duck! LOL!!!
An Additional Swiss Gear Luggage to Malaysia
Sammy is Tired
Goodbye Triton Hotel
Duckie as Souvenie
So long San Francisco!!! It had been a great pleasure! =P
Late Night Flight
Hahha.. It's True!
Beautiful Deco in San Francisco Airport
Apparently Paris is a Sister City of San Francisco!
As Is Cork!
Bangalore as well!
Next Day (CSI Marathon Continues + Halfday Hong Kong Adventure)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...