Friday 17 February 2012

Voucher Food Hunt: Bella Italia – Batu Ferringhi

I’ve been to Bella Italia in Pulau Tikus for a few times and fall in love with their fettuccine Carbonara and pizza pepperoni. In fact, we ordered the same food the last few times we were there. So when I saw this voucher, my breath was hitched and I felt like my heart has stopped! The price offered was simply amazing as I’ve experienced the original price with similar or exact same order. The only different was – this is their Batu Ferringhi branch.
My favourite Pepperoni & Cheese from Bella Italia, Pulau Tikus
My beloved Fettuccine Carbonara from Bella Italia, Pulau Tikus
[46%Off] Enjoy a Romantic Italian Dinner with your loved one at Bella Italia for only RM49.90 instead of RM92.80 (2 pax)
http://www.ezivoucher.com/deals/Bella-Italia

For this voucher, you can choose:-
- 1 type of appetizer (garlic bread or bruschetta)
- 2 main courses (Pizza or/and Pasta)
- 2 drinks

After lots of twist and turns on the road, we finally reached Batu Ferringhi without any puking incident. Bella Italia in Batu Ferringhi is basically an al fresco restaurant without air condition – the restaurant only has some fans inside. It was quite a pain since the temperature was quite high on the windless night. There were a lot of foreign tourists there during our visit though.
Lemon Squash & Blackcurrent Squash
We had the bruschetta as appetizer – we were served 2 pieces of the bruschetta rather than the 4 pieces if we ordered it with original price. Anyway, it tasted good as always.
Bruschetta
Since we are using the voucher, we’ve decided to try some new main courses rather than order our favourite items. Thus we ordered Spaghetti Aglio Oilo and Sicilian Pizza. Spaghetti Aglio Oilo is the most basic of Italian Pasta with chili, extra virgin olive oil and flat parsley. The spaghetti served was al dente and nice to munch at. It tasted quite nice considering the minimum ingredients that were involved. I would prefer it to be a bit spicier though. =p
Spaghetti Aglio Olio
The Sicilian Pizza consists of anchovies, garlic, broccoli florets, black olives, tomato sauce Mozzarella cheese and extra virgin olive oil. This is my 1st time eating a pizza with broccoli and anchovies on top. =p So how would I describe it? Hmm… the pizza crust was thin and crispy at the outer corner as Italian pizza would be, the topping taste was really special – a bit salty near to anchovies part but overall it’s really a unique taste. I quite enjoyed it to be honest until I wolfed down half of the pizza. There goes my diet plan! *facepalm*
Sicilian Pizza
Anyway, I would prefer their Pulau Tikus branch as it’s nearer to town and it provides air condition! But I think the food quality is quite similar between the branches though. They are famous for their tiramisu as well.

Bella Italia is located at either Batu Ferringhi opposite Rasa Sayang Hotel, or in Belissa Row at Pulau Tikus, Penang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...