Friday 24 February 2012

Voucher Food Hunt: Annabelle’s Place

This is a way overdue blog as we visited Annabelle’s Place at December 2011. I was a bit worried when I bought this groupon as the redemption period was quite short but went ahead to purchase it due to the overwhelming review of this place in the cyberspace.

[48% Off] Pasta Main Course + Soup for RM13 instead of RM25 at Annabelle’s Place. Choose Bolognese, Carbonara or Aglio Olio. Limited Groupons
http://www.groupon.my/deals/penang/annabelles-place/715860410

The restaurant looked so exquisite and well decorated. Since the deal didn’t include drink, we ordered the drink separately – Iced Lemon Tea and Anna Banana! I must say this was the best choice that we could choose. Anna Banana was totally Bananaly heavenly BANANA until I went totally BANANA! It’s basically banana milkshake but it was so yummy that I still crave for it today. I guess it had the right combination of banana and milk as it was not too thick but not too watery with a very smooth texture.
Merry Christmas! Oops.. It's February now..
Nice Deco...
BANANA! BANANA!! BANANA!!!
We were then served with our soup – a pumpkin soup and a mushroom soup. Both were thick and homemade.
Mushroom & Pumpkin Soup
Our main courses were Fettuccine Carbonara and Spicy Seafood Spaghetti. The Fettuccine Carbonara was thick and creamy but a bit too dry for me – I love my Fettuccine Carbonara a bit wetter instead. But I think I did read that Fettuccine Carbonara was not supposed to be too wet. Guess it’s my weird taste then. *facepalm*
Fettuccine Carbonara
I have nothing but praise for the Spicy Seafood Spaghetti though. The sauce was simply so great! It was light and I guess I kind of hoped that the portion was bigger! I don’t usually like aglio olio style spaghetti but this one blew my mind.
Spicy Seafood Spaghetti Aglio Olio
Annabelle’s Place is located at Lebuh Lembah Permai 4 shoplot, Tanjung Bungah, Penang. It’s not that easy to find it if you are not familiar with the Lebuh Lembah Permai area. In fact, we called the shop for direction when we were lost on the way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...