Wednesday 15 February 2012

Best Set Lunch in Town! – Salsas Restaurant

Salsas restaurant is a western restaurant located in Continental Hotel, Penang Road. In my humble opinion – they serve the best set lunch in town! We have been patronizing this restaurant for years in countless time. I’ve recommended it to all my friends. In fact, everytime we run out of idea about lunch venue – Salsas would be the 1st and only restaurant that pops in our mind. It is the only restaurant that I’ve never buy discounted voucher but keep going back for more.
Complimentary Butter & Roll once Seated
Their set lunch consists of :-
1)      drink (tea/coffee, iced lemon tea or fruit juice)
2)      Soup or Salad
3)      Main course
4)      Dessert
The price buckets are RM13.50+, RM15.50+, RM18.50+ and >RM20+ - the price basically depends on the main course, the drink, soup/salad and dessert are the same for all price bucket. They have a wide variety of main course to choose from – if I’m not mistaken, it was around 30 choices. The funny thing is everytime we go there, we would choose the same thing over and over again.

They also have special menu but these are seasonal. Sometimes they have buttered salmon head, slipper lobster or my beloved baked oyster with cheese. But I haven’t seen the baked oyster with cheese for quite some time. It was heavenly and I miss it dearly – and this come from someone who doesn’t even like oyster to begin with.
Special Menu on the Table
Special Menu - Grilled Slipper Lobster
Special Menu: Grilled Salmon i guess, can't really remember...
My Favourite Special Menu: Cheese Baked Oyster! I can't believe this is the only photo i can find of it!
The soup and the salad are great all the time and the dessert is just exquisite! You can’t find such dessert in this price range in other restaurant.
Pumpkin Soup
Mushroom Soup
Yummy Salad!

The photos here are basically a compilation from my various visits and I must say this is definitely not the end of my visit to Salsas.

Tips: You could park your car in front of blue mansion and walk 2 mins to get to the restaurant. It’s cheap parking if compared to other Penang road carpark.
Main Course: Grilled Sole Fish
Main Course: Sausage
My Favourite Main Course: Cheese Baked Dory
Favourite Main Course: Mixed Grill with Fish, Chicken, Beef & Lamb
Main Course: Seafood Platter
Dessert: Mini Cheese Cake, Choco tart, Ice Cream & Fruit
Dessert: Mini Tiramisu, Ice Cream & Mini Fruit Tart
Dessert: Ice Cream & Tart

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...