Friday 17 February 2012

Voucher Food Hunt: Jade Blossom Restaurant – 1st Avenue

I’ve always heard good comment about Jade Blossom in Krystal Point on their great food quality but with a higher price. However, I’ve never experienced it myself so when I see that their counterpart in 1st avenue is selling this voucher, I just couldn’t resist it. I’m not too sure both branches have the same menu though.

[40.15% off ] Taste the true cantonese cuisine! A choice of 3 delicious cuisines only for RM7.90 instead of RM13.20 @ Jade Blossom Restaurant
http://www.ezivoucher.com/deals/Jade-Blossom

There are 3 choices per voucher – dumpling noodle, soft shell crab fried rice & fried noodles. Since we bought 3 vouchers, we ordered all the 3 choices to sample the taste. The funny thing about our visit was there was a wedding dinner starting at 7.30pm thus they asked us to get there by 6pm. But by the time we got there, the wedding couple had already arrived! We were like: Huh? So excited to get married? =p
Look! Here is a wedding!
Our table was directly opposite the reception table but shaded by trees...
Anyhoo, during all the panic and confusion of the busy waitress, we managed to get our food and left before the wedding guests arrived. Our 1st dish was the dumpling noodle. There were 3 huge dumplings with prawn and meat inside. Eventhough the website says there should be sharkfin in there – I just didn’t see any. All in all, it was quite okay and the soup tasted of mushroom.
The Shrimp Dumpling Noodle
Look at this! =)
They then served us the fried noodle – the noodle had 3 prawns on top and it was quite nice but a bit oily though. I think they put in some sesame oil for seasoning.
Fried Noodle
Last but not least, the soft shell crab fried rice finally arrived. I was actually anticipating this dish as I was addicted to soft shell crab recently. But I was saddened as the crab was in small piece (1/2 crab). However, I did love the fried rice – it tasted like Nestum! You know like fried Nestum Prawns? I love Nestum in a dish! So either they recycle the oil used to fry the Nestum Prawn for the wedding dinner, or they really add Nestum into the fried rice! I do hope it’s the latter! Maybe I should try to cook fried rice with Nestum myself. =p
Soft Shell Crab Fried Rice - Love the Nestum taste!
There are 2 branches of Jade Blossom Restaurant – 1 in Krystal Point and another in 1st Avenue, Penang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...