Saturday 19 March 2016

Travel Log: Welcome to City of Angels (Day 7-9)

Destination: United States of Americas
Duration: 12 Days 11 Nights (Feb 23~Mar 05, 2016)

Day 7-9: Foods in San Jose

We had the training sessions at Santa Clara for 4 days with breakfast & lunch provided. By some strange coincident, Plaza Suites also provided complimentary breakfast thus I ended up eating the breakfast in office for 1st day and at the hotel for the remaining days since they provided hot choices in hotel.

Breakfast
Breakfast provided in office was mostly cold choices such as fruits, yoghurts & pastries. I did love the cereal & fruit parfait on the 1st day as the strawberry was divine.
Pastry & Yoghurt Parfait
In day 8, I ended up enjoying breakfast in Plaza Suites - one may ordered various type of order to make egg choices and they were complimentary.  I ended up ordering omelet with ham & cheese with a side of bacon and found it too filling (FAT) for me. =p
Omelet & Bacon anyone?
In day 9, I simply get the ready made scrambled egg and made a scrambled egg sandwich as breakfast instead. Nothing fancy to shout about.
Scrambled Egg instead..
Lunch
Lunch was provided through the sessions and we were having sandwiches + chips on Day 7. I had the chicken breast sandwich and it was not bad.
Chicken Breast Sandwich
Lots of Sandwiches to choose from...
Junk Food!
We had Mediterranean food on Day 8 and it was kind of bleh! The Mediterranean food that I had in Calabasas was better. I did liked the salmon though. =p
Mediterranean Food
Day 9 was Italian and it was simply carbohydrate overload. LOL!! Not the best Italian food I'd tried.
Italian Food
Tiramisu
Teatime
What is a training session without teatime? We had brownies, cookies, cheese & crackers in general.
Brownies
Cookie, Cheese, Cracker & Fruits
The most outrageous teatime was in Day 9 where we had a mini Happy Hour with alcohols, pizza & buffalo wings right in the office! It was such a blast! =)
Corolla!
Wine
Beer
Pizza!
More Pizza!
Chicken Wing
Spicy Chicken
Dinner
We had a group buffet spread at the Bourbon Pub at Levi's stadium on Day 7. There were beers, salads, Brussel sprouts, NY strips, salmon and desserts. My favorite was the salmon & Brussel sprout as the NY strips were too raw for me.
Levi's Stadium!
Giant Helmut
Let's take a picture with Giant Helmut!
We are at the City of Santa Clara
They even have a museum there for SF Niners
Merchandise Shop
Hi Duckies!
Another Entrance of the Stadium
We are going to the Bourbon Steak & Pub though
A Sports Pub!
I think there must be some meanings behind the years there... but i have no idea what it means! LOL!!!
Beer!
Dinner! Salmon is awesome!
Dessert!
More Dessert!
Sammy waiting at the Hotel
For Day 8, I drove to Great Mall for some shopping before getting to Walmart to grab some junks as dinner as I was too full after teatime in office to have any proper dinner.
Time for Great Mall!
& Walmart!
Microwave Food!
Day 9 was In & Out burger after some shopping at Ross and I must say I still prefer Super Duper burger (link). Somehow the patty for In&Out was simply too thin to have the same effects like Super Duper's. But I guess it was due to the price as well since a cheese burger only cost USD2.88 with tax! Too bad I didn't manage to eat that during this trip. I also managed to squeeze in a Walmart visit for some snacks since this would be my last night in Santa Clara.
Plaza Suites
Ross missing a S!
Let's try In & Out!
The Cheeseburger
The Patty is too thin! LOL!!!
Happy Hour!!!
Plaza Suites provided complimentary 1st drink at the bar from 5-10pm thus every night I would try to make it there for wine or Bud-light. It was generally fun sitting there at the bar nursing your free drink over the TV or your own phone. Sometimes there might be hot guys sitting there for your viewing pleasure too! =p
The Bar at Plaza Suites
Let's have some White Wine!
DRUNK!!!
Bud Light!
End up with Bud Light on the last night since i was too thirsty! LOL!!!
Spiderman!
Next Days (Fisherman's Wharf & Long Flight Home)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...