Thursday 26 June 2014

Travel Log: A Rainy Summer in Nihon (Day 15)

Duration: 15 Days 15 Nights (May 31~Jun 14, 2014)

Day 15: A (Too Short) Day at Tokyo Disney Sea

Our flight back to Penang was at night so we had some times for last minute adventure. My colleagues preferred to have their adventure in Kawasaki shopping centers whilst I’d decided to spent mine in Tokyo Disney Sea – the only Disney Sea in the World!
Breakfast of the day!
At 1st I wanted to depart hotel at around 8am but changed my mind last minute to depart at 7am once I realized they open at 8am during weekend. I had a transit in Tokyo station to catch another train to Maihama Station and I could see lots of people heading towards there just like me. I took the resort line from Maihama Station to Disney Sea and to my surprise – the train has Mickey Mouse shape! How CUTE!!!! I would see a lot of people swarming into Disneyland and I just hoped that there would be less people at Disney Sea.
Arrive at Maihama Station for Resort Gateway Station
OMG!!! Look at the window and handles! Cuteness Overload!!!
It was a short queue to buy the 1 day ticket at 6,400 Yen with credit card (Thank God they accept Credit card! I was short on Cash!) and there I began my adventure. I was so awestruck by it once I stepped in – this was definitely the best theme park I’d ever stepped my feet into. I was greeted by castle, volcano, sea – everything was just so overwhelming!
Queuing for Ticket
Sammy is happy to be in Disney Sea!
Entering the Fortress!
Oh dear! Volcano! Sea! Castles!
Gondola!!!
I kept looking at the program sheet and trying to participate in some meet & greet with cartoon characters and see the live show but it was quickly apparent to me that I wouldn’t have enough time for all that. There were so many people and even a simple ‘meet & greet’ would take 50minutes+ queue!  Some other queues even went for 170minutes++! *gasp in horror* Thus there I was – content to just walk around the park in different theme.
The best place to hide from the sun - i ate my breakfast there. =)
Looking at this view when eating breakfast!
Look at the Fire from Volcano!
American Waterfront + Titanic?
You have to queue 50minutes to take a picture with this!
I was already in “American Waterfront” as I thought I wanted to do the “steamer cruise” around the area but it was closed. Apparently they had some logical timing for its opening which I’d never figured out during my trip there. There was also where I saw “Tower of Terror” and I guess Titanic?? I did not have the guts to for exciting ride so I just took a picture of the spooky Tower of Terror. There was also an area dedicated for “Toy Story” for younger kids.
Walking around American Waterfront
The Steamer Cruise
Titanic? Actually it's S.S. Columbia...
Tower of Terror!
Wishing Pond?
It's Toy Story Time!
Here is Woody!
Me looking Silly with the Toys!
I went back to the “Mysterious Island” wanting to see one of the shows but there were so many people so it was difficult to get a good seat to see it clearly. I gave up after a while since I was very far away and the show was in Japanese which I did not understand. I continued to walk around “Mysterious Island” and walked through the fortress exploration imagine myself as Robert Langdon in Da Vinci Code. It was great fun!
Lots of people watching the Duffy Show
A Panoramic View of the Waterfront
Going to explore some castle!!!
And some Pirate Ship!
Sammy is a Pirate!
So where should i go?
Am i Lost?
Masterpiece in the labyrinth?
Look at it from the Crystal ball!
Exploring!
I definitely need a map!
At the top!
Flying Machine?
Planetarium where you can move the planets! COOL!!!
Hunger Game?
I stepped into another area where Captain Nemo parked his submarine before seeing the queues for “20,000 leagues under the sea” seemed to be quite short. I was WRONG – I waited 1 hour+ for the ride but it was worth it. The ride was made as if you were in a submarine under the sea and the effects were awesome!
This queue is deceiving!!!
We are going into the Sea!
Captain Nemo's Submarine
Do we need to wear a suit?
Mermaid Lagoon was next and it was basically for kids as there were all the kiddy rides inside the lagoon. It was beautiful inside though and it was a good chance to escape the scorching sun. =)
Going to Mermaid Lagoon
Here we are!
Looking for Ariel
Kiddy rides with Amazing deco
I thought i'm at underwater castle there
Giant Sammy was there!
Let's climb some ropes!
Goodbye Mermaid Lagoon
The Arabian Coast was my next stop but some part of it was closed – I think too many people were inside for a showtime. Showtime was also a good chance for a shorter queue for ride so I went on to the “Sindbad’s Storybook Voyage”.
Arabian Coast
Getting through the Gate
Sindbad or Aladin?
Going for a ride
Inside the Sindbad's Vogage Ride
I continued on to “Lost River Delta” where I simply took pictures since the 2 attractions there were too thrilling for my poor heart. I was quite hungry by then but I noticed all the food stall lines was super long as well. Guess I should just chomp down some junkfood from my bag then. *sob*
Some Peaceful River Action?
In Front of Raging Spirits
And some peaceful Lost River Delta
In front of Indiana Jones Adventure Ride!
I want to be on the Steamer!
I finally arrived at “Port Discovery” and bought myself an ice cream – not just any ice cream but a Mickey Ice cream!!! *Squee* I wanted to try the “Aquatopia” ride but the queue was too long again. I walked along the waterfront and took some picture of the American Village style lighthouse at “American Waterfront” again before turning into “Mediterranean Harbour” wanting to ride the Gondola. But the Gondola was closed temporarily as well! *Sob*
Lots of people at Port Discovery
I have no idea what this is. =P
More Ports!
Mickey Ice Cream!
How CUTE!!!
Aquatopia ride...
At the Port Discovery Center
Sammy is HAPPY!
A Lighthouse?
A Lighthouse in American Village!
With a Pirate Ship?
Walking around the Village
Sammy in "American Waterfront"
At the Central Square
ButterCup?
Donkey!!!
There are some bigshot show inside this theater but i had no chance to see it
Mediterranean Harbour!
I want the Gondola!
Sammy is proud to be there!
Everyone is wondering why the Gondola is closed
There was this big show at “Mediterranean Harbour” thus I stopped there to catch the show – it was loud and fun but unfortunately in Japanese so I did not understand a word. They also had some fireworks shows at night but it was too late for me to wait until then. =(
Show at Mediterranean Harbour
More Fancy Ships!
Goofy!
Goodbye!
Throughout the day, I was DYING to get this popcorn bucket – there were tons of popcorn stands in the park and each of them selling different flavor of popcorns with different style of bucket. I was aiming for this “Mickey” popcorn bucket but I couldn’t find one. I finally asked one of the girls in “Arabian Coast” and she managed to point me to the correct popcorn stand at “Mermaid Lagoon” for the salted popcorn with Mickey Bucket! It cost 1,850Yen but I was so happy and giddy once I got it. Heheee…
Looking for the Popcorn Bucket
Accidentally stumbled upon this photoshoot spot
Duffy!
Another View of the Harbour
A Panoramic View no less!
Mermaid Lagoon from afar
Aladdin!!
Sammy is happy with the Popcorn Bucket!!!
Time definitely flied and I took my last ride at “Port Discovery” for the Electric Railway to get near to the exit. Tokyo Disney Sea was indeed amazing and I wished I had more time to enjoy and explore it. If  you have the chance – don’t miss this gem!
Getting on Railway Train
Duffy as souvenir?
Goodbye Disney Sea
Leaving Resort line Station
Lots of Shopping malls in the area
I finally arrived in Kawasaki at around 6pm to eat my late lunch/early dinner at Yoshinova – Pork with eg before meeting my colleagues to catch the train to Haneda Airport.
Pork rice with Egg at Yoshinova
I noticed Singapore airline changed their menu – I guess they changed it monthly? This time I took the Salami sandwich with potato salad as supper. It was just okay – the bread was a bit dry.
New Breakfast Menu @SQ
Salami Sandwich with Potato Salad!
As for breakfast, this time they had salmon rice so I took it – it was much better than the ‘plastic-y’ fish that I ate 3 weeks ago on the same route (link). We finally got on to our SIN-PEN flight after hours of transit in Changi and breakfast was ‘BBQ Chicken Wrap’ – tasted a bit strange but I guess it was something different. It was time to GO HOME!!! =)
Salmon Rice for Breakfast
BBQ Chicken Wrap at Silkair
Some Souvenirs from Japan =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...